Julianna started her volleyball career at Fairfax High School where she was a four year Varsity setter and named two time All-League player and All-City player. She went on to play two years at LA Pierce College where she led her team to be 2010 State Champions (29-3 record) before finishing out her playing career at Hope International University as a standout setter. Julianna completed her undergraduate degree in Sociology, and earned her Masters in Coaching and Athletic Administration.
Julianna has spent a number of years coaching club and high school volleyball. She is entering her 9th season coaching club this year and 3rd season coaching for Surfside. Some of her teams’ most recent standout finishes include a 4th place finish at JO’s in 2016 and in the past two seasons with Surfside, she has led teams to Gold Division finishes in SCVA and won a Bronze Medal at the 2018 PNW Qualifier.
Playing Experience & Awards:
– Fairfax HS 4 year starting setter. Named 2x All-League Player and CIF 2nd Team All-City selection.
– Pierce College team captain and starting setter. Led the team to 2010 State Championship (29-3 record). Led the state with third most in assists and top 40 in aces. Named 1st Team All-WSC, 1st Team All SD Mesa Tournament, and 1st Team All-CCCAA State Championship team.
– Pierce College Hall of Fame Inductee
– Hope International starting setter. Named All-NCCAA honorable mention.
Coaching Experience & Top Finishes:
– 2 years with California Blue VBC at the 14U age group
– 6 years with LAVA/SMBC Volleyball Clubs: 2014/15 14U team finished 11th at JO’s, 2015/16 14U team finished 4th at JO’s, 2016/17 13U team finished 14th at AAUs. All teams finished in Gold Division of SCVA.
– 1 Year coaching at Chaminade High School in 2011/12. Led the team to CIF DIV 2 Quarter Finals and 2nd place finish in Mission League.
– 1 Year coaching at Chatsworth High School in 2012/13. Led the girls program to CIF D2 Quarter Finals, and the boys program to CIF D1 Semi Finals.
– 2 Years coaching at Harvard-Westlake 2014-16. Led the JV Program in 2015/16 to an 18-5 record and assisted Varsity program to 23-10 overall season record.
– 3rd year with Surfside: 2017/18 16s Bronze medal at PNW Qualifier and 14s 4th place finish at PNW Qualifier, 2018/19 13s Division 2 Finish in SCVA, 9th place finish in Far Western Qualifier.